Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Peanuts

Here's an odd one for you. Ever since I got pregnant, especially after the morning sickness hurdle, I have had a difficult time with peanut butter. Normally, I like it. But lately, a little bit of peanut butter makes my stomach feel like it's not going to be very happy with me if I eat any more. Normally, I'd chalk this up to my own quirk.

However, out of the blue, a co-worker said his wife couldn't eat peanut products while pregnant and while breastfeeding, but his daughter doesn't have a peanut allergy. Like me, his wife didn't have a BAD reaction, just a clear indication that less is better. (They love Chick-Fil-A food that happens to be cooked in peanut oil. My pregnancy has told me in no uncertain terms to avoid as much fat and salt as possible, so I don't eat out in places like that. In fact, it's really hard to eat out. Can't take me anywhere! *grin*)

No comments:

Post a Comment