Saturday, March 4, 2006

Eighth Month

Development

He started the month off sitting more and much better, yay! This skill is useful because we can set him down near us, and he stays there.

Layette

Same, onesies and rompers in 6-9 month size.

Feeding

He eats even more food now. That also means he can vomit more than I would have thought possible.

Sleeping

Yeah, on his schedule. On a good night, he's only up once or usually twice to nurse.

Furniture

The Baby Bjorn, which was so necessary before, is not as handy as his baby backpack now. From what we can tell, this happens at the 16-18 pound mark, and lumbar support on the new Bjorns doesn't help enough.

Travel

He met his great-grandmother in the mountains near the end of this month! We finally had a weekend that wasn't too wintery to drive to the mountains (don't forget, we're sleep-deprived!). We brought along his booster seat instead of a high chair, and although it was big for him, it worked well.

Mom

I got an unexpected promotion, so I'm at work more (I aim for four days a week). I miss my little man fiercely but I also enjoy what I do, too. I can usually get away with pumping just before and just after work.

Total weight loss: down 10 pounds. I think my weight is stable here.

No comments:

Post a Comment