Friday, November 17, 2006

Easy Thunderbird Growl

I'm trying to like Apple's Mail.app on my work laptop, but I still use good ol' Thunderbird at home. I do like the Growl integration with Mail.app, so I had to find a way to add Thunderbird to Growl. Turns out, it's very easy with Growl New Message Notification. I followed the directions (download it, open extensions manager, and tell the extensions manager to use the download) and, well, it works. It's hardly exciting, although it does spare me a trip to my email client for less-urgent messages. I guess I'm mentioning it because it's so much easier than other Growl and Thunderbird tips I've seen. Plus transparent notification means that my email is much less disruptive to my time while still being central to my work. That's cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment