Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Reason to Blog

I ran across this tweet (that stuck in my mind) in a post about the inherent lack of scalability in email: it's still primarily one-to-one communication, unless you copy everyone on the email, leading to email overload and no one reading email and back to the lack of knowledge problem that copying everyone on the email was supposed to have fixed.

I realized that's what blogging addresses. The information is out there, it can be threaded - searched - categorized - tagged, so it's find-able when you need to know about it. We use a Changes Blog at work, and it's already been more useful than I expected. I no longer ask "did anyone make a change when this process broke?" because I can look up the answer painlessly. It works.

Add in Dipity, and the possibilities expand. Hmm. I probably need to think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment