Monday, December 21, 2009

A Calorie Is NOT Just A Calorie

For some lucky people I know (I married one), body weight comes down to a simple calories in-calories out measurement. Myself, I see a big difference in my weight between eating spaghetti (on refined carbs like pasta, my weight goes up no matter what) and eating beans and rice (I can eat lots, but as long as I exercise a little, my weight goes down). So I agree with this post, A Calorie Is NOT Just A Calorie:

You’ve certainly heard “a calorie is just a calorie.” Meaning, if you stick to say, a 1500 calorie per day diet, it doesn’t matter if those calories come from potatoes, salad, or cheeseburgers. Wrong-o!

My addition: if refined carbs make your weight skyrocket, look for diabetic-friendly recipes.

Eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment