Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why?

Here's today's rhetorical question about the last hour, wasted.

Why, when we send a list of product requirements to a vendor, do they schedule a meeting with us anyway even though their product does not meet our minimum requirements?

Do they really think that pretty screens (it was attractive) that are completely customizable (nice touch) will make us ignore the fact that it doesn't meet our needs? Do you think I'm that dumb??? If we go to the trouble of writing down our requirements and then sharing that list with potential candidates, the software vendor's representative should go to the trouble of reading the list and answering it honestly. That worthless meeting just makes me all the less likely to work with that company ever, even if I later work somewhere else small enough that their "enterprise" solution would work: I don't trust them now. Shucks, I specifically would not recommend them to anyone else, even if I thought that software might be a good match, because of that customer service failure. Good service is really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment