Monday, November 1, 2010

Easy Robin (of Batman) Costume

Speaking of easy costumes, the one I pulled off last week was also easy. Karston went as Batman for Halloween, so I made a Robin costume for Daddy.

  • matching green sweatshirt and sweatpants (I already had an oversized set)
  • solid red teeshirt or muscle tank ($2.50 at craft store)
  • adhesive-backed craft felt in yellow and in black (under $2 at craft store)
  • for more authenticity, add a black eye mask (or those not-too-over-the-top bat glasses I saw in a costume flyer), and a black or yellow cape [we didn't]

Then I made the "R" logo for Robin. I traced a coffee mug on the black felt to cut out a black circle. Then I cut out a yellow R to fit inside the black circle. First the black circle went on the red tee, then the yellow R went on top of that. VoilĂ , one Robin logo! The "work" was cutting the sticky-back felt, since it's rather stiff. Other than that, this was thoroughly easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment