Saturday, June 15, 2013

The VERY Friendly Shower Curtain

Ever since I moved into this apartment (a temporary situation lasting months longer than I expected!), I have been looking for an appropriately simple and effective solution to the very friendly shower curtain. No matter what I tried with air flow, the shower curtain always moved in to wrap around me. I thought of various untenable ideas, like placing an iron bar inside the bathtub apron so that the shower curtain magnets could do their job, but I can't rip up an apartment bathroom just because the shower curtain likes me. I considered using two paperweights (while looking at a sentimental souvenir glass paperweight), but I didn't want to risk broken glass in the shower (or losing this memento). So I needed a unbreakable weight, but plastic would be too light ... getting close! Now I use two rectangular drink boxes, filled with water for weight, to hold down the shower curtain at both ends. No cost, and effective!

Overall, I would rather have a shower with a door, not a curtain. However, these two weights will make showers more pleasant until my house rebuild is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment