Sunday, August 4, 2013

Completion, or Continuation?

I realized that I have my own standard for doughnuts. I used to live in an apartment one block behind a Mr. Donut. Walking past the smell of freshly baked doughnuts often required a stop. My favorite was the "Chocolate Angel" - a doughnut with a light, fluffy chocolate filling that was dusted with powdered sugar. Om nom nom!

So clearly we had to go back so I could judge Daily Donuts on that scale. My report is that the chocolate filling is delicious! It's slightly denser than the Chocolate Angel, but I think the chocolate flavor is better. The powdered sugar is spread on heavier, but tasty. Happily, I don't get that greasy aftertaste that so many doughnuts have. On taste alone, I want to keep Daily Donuts in rotation. There's the personal side too. I am a fan of good customer service, and we were recognized as repeat customers on our second visit. Wow! This appears to be a shop run by a couple; she recognizes us and is very kind, while he bakes these delights. We stocked up.

So, was Doughnut Quest really completed, or does it continue? Or has it changed from a roving Doughnut Quest to an established Doughnut Habit? Hmm, I think it sounds like a Doughnut Habit. And such a tasty habit it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment