Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dinner

Sunday night, while getting my boys cycled through the bath (one at a time due to Karston's toe surgery; he didn't want to take any chances) and getting all of us ready for Monday and oh-my-goodness-how-did-it-get-this-late, I had the thought, "I don't have time for dinner." Not merely was I thinking I didn't have enough time for a healthy dinner that I prepared, I was thinking I didn't have time for any dinner.

Screeeeech! Stop! Put on the brakes!

I may think some silly things, but I'd like to think that I can notice some of it, and improve.

So I thought about the problem while eating a big green salad (luckily that's my favorite food!) that I threw together quickly. In fact, I made two salads so I could chop up the whole head of lettuce. What I do in the late afternoon is fix dinner for my boys, and then fix dinner for myself. Especially when I'm not sure what I want, that can take some time. So I came up with a new plan: I'll eat leftovers for dinner, and then fix something tasty for the next meal(s). I don't have to rush with that meal preparation because I will have just eaten.

And that's what I did last night. I ate the other salad I made, and then I roasted a pan of vegetables (zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and red and yellow bell peppers with a little olive oil and salt). The only drawback is that I made the kitchen smell so good, I want to stay up and eat! Luckily I was too tired to eat, so I went to bed instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment