Sunday, November 30, 2014

Google Calendar Sadness

I had been looking up ISS passes then adding to Google Calendar using the command line for a long time, but the last time I tried, it wouldn't work. After a quick search, that's because Google Calendar API v2 was deprecated on November 17, 2014. (I bet that's when my default calendar colors changed to garish, too.) There's one newer version of gdata-python-client than what I have installed, but since it was released more than a year before the the deprecation date, I doubt it uses APIv3.

From the look of the new client libraries, it's no longer as simple as google calendar add --cal Calendar "Event 11/17/2014 at 2:00 PM in Location" now. Very sad. I miss simplicity.

So, to replace just that command functionality, I guess I'll read about inserting events. sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment