Friday, January 2, 2009

My Uncle's The Drummer

We went to visit friends tonight while they were in town. Wouldn't you know, Cale has a diaper leak shortly after we get there. It's not too bad since Jeni's boys are about the same age as my boys, meaning still in diapers. However, I didn't pack the "on a trip" diaper bag, just the "quick errand" one, so I didn't have a change of clothes. (I should really know to pack a change of clothes. Last year a new mom in our neighborhood was headed out for one of her first excursions, and she asked me if she had everything after she rattled off a long list of what she had packed. I said change of clothes, and guess what? Margo had a diaper leak! So maybe I should take my own advice.) Anyway, Jeni showed me a selection of clothes that could be Cale's. Then she mentioned that one tee shirt was special, did I have any ideas. Jeni's brother is a drummer; the tee shirt says My Uncle's The Drummer. Suddenly the light went on: Daddy's brother-in-law is also a drummer! Woo hoo! So I gave the special tee shirt a good home, and now I need to take a good picture of it to share with Jeni.

No comments:

Post a Comment