Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Call

Like DH says, the reason why you answer the phone when it rings at a "Who would call me now?" time (8pm, putting kids to bed) is because it might be bad news you may as well know now. My mom's almost-the-youngest sister called. The only brother had his second stroke yesterday, and this one wasn't mild like the first one a number of years ago. Bob said he was walking around like 4 hours after that, and the effects wore off quickly. His kid sister, the medical doctor, says if he pulls through, he'll wish he hadn't, but she's a pessimist too. We could be running to Virginia soon. I'm glad my cousin JoAnn has such a nice husband since close-to-home support will help this not feel as wrenchingly terrible for her.

And on my father's side of the family, we plan to visit my grandparents tomorrow morning; they're over 90 and doing great. They also go to the gym several mornings per week. All of my grandparents were physically active, but the living ones also spent a lot of time in the gym. I think that says a lot about the health benefits of a gym! There's chain-sawing trees, certainly exercise, and what my maternal grandfather was doing less than a year before his death. Or gym classes. Yeah, I think the gym makes a big difference. I think I'll go do my evening routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment