Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BetterZip

One project on the back burner is to get one or several of the classic Macintosh emulators working so I don't mind cleaning out the basement of ancient Macs (that I can emulate). On route to that, I noticed that BetterZip (why do I need a zip GUI when I'm happy with the command line?) handles the old *.sit Stuffit files! I never thought well of Aladdin's marketing approach, I bought CompactPro instead, but that doesn't change the fact that sometimes I need to decompress a Stuffit file. Finding the free version of Stuffit Expander gets more challenging every time (did I mention I didn't like the marketing tactics?), and the installer is convinced that I need startup extensions and other bugs (I'm sure they think this is a feature, but only if I can opt out easily). Or you could use the BetterZip application (no suspicious installer). Much nicer than Stuffit!

No comments:

Post a Comment