Monday, November 30, 2009

T42 backlight

My T42 has gone from half-display (the left 1/3 of my screen would be black) to display wiggles (hard to read, hard to know exactly where to click; the jiggles were just the external monitor, though) to shorter times after cold boot with b(l)acklight. At first, it seemed like I only had the display problem if I didn't use this laptop continuously, so I thought I thought I had the display stays black after resume problem; you know, back in the days where I had some runtime before the backlight turned off. Right now, I get about one minute of backlight before it turns off and the screen is essentially black unless you squint in a bright room. Sounds like I'm not alone, so I have switched from massive abuse of my xorg.conf to asking the spare parts guy. I hope this new tactic works!

No comments:

Post a Comment