Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Zoo

We went to the North Carolina Zoo today. What I learned at the zoo today: I'm glad we got the double stroller instead of the double Radio Flyer wagon (facing seats, more kid juice and snack holders, nifty accessories) because our double stroller has BRAKES. All of a sudden, there's no question which one is better because we use the brakes ALL the time.

I packed just right. We went in the zoo with two kids in the double stroller, camera, small insulated bag with two juice sippies and snack crackers, small diaper change kit (but next time, have more than one wipe!), one bottle of sunscreen, and a water bottle filled with extra ice. We left more snacks, juice, diapers, and toys in the car. A pair of binoculars would have been nice, though!

Since I'm fair-skinned, you can tell where I used SPF 30 by the touch of color, where I used SPF 15 by the pink, and where I needed to re-apply (or apply any) sunscreen by the red color. Yeah, that's what happens when I'm outside, even in partial shade, from 10 AM to 5 PM.

We went to Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World about two and a half years ago, and I have to say, the NC Zoo compares very favorably. It's not quite the same, but the production value of both is so high ... if you're there to see animals, not the rides, I'd say go to this zoo. It's that good. (Nothing beats a good day at the Magic Kingdom or at EPCOT, though,)

We walked everywhere (tired feet!), we all had a great time. The kids liked the play areas best, no surprise. Karston said he liked the zebra best of the animals, possibly because we saw it last. Soft serve ice cream after lunch was a terrific cool-down. I think we need to go back to the zoo! Fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment