Saturday, June 19, 2010

Poor Sleep

Let me tell you why I didn't get enough sleep the night before our trip. I was asleep, in our bed for once (instead of next to Cale). I was partly awake, idly noticing how shallowly I breathe when I'm (mostly) asleep. I heard a deep sigh, so after a moment I woke up enough to roll over to pat Daddy's shoulder. Nope, no Daddy. OK, who was breathing heavily in my bedroom? That's freaky, so I was suddenly awake.

What's the first thing a mom will do in that case? Check on her babies. So my next discovery was that Cale was not in his bed! I was now wide awake. Really, really, really wide awake.

Hoping for the best, with my eyes better adjusted to the dark now, I went back to our bedroom to look for Cale. I found him in our bedroom asleep on boppy next to the rocking chair. Apparently he woke up at night, came in our bedroom (looking for me?), and decided to sleep on the floor instead of waking me up. I had trouble falling back to sleep after that much worry, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment