Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CSA, Week 1

So far (you know, in the first week), I'm keeping up with the CSA box and I'm on schedule to finish this box before picking up the next. Here's what I've made this week.

cabbage - chicken lo mein (and the head of cabbage I already had went into sauerkraut)

baby lettuce and tatsoi - salad

rainbow swiss chard and the good turnip leaves - swiss chard quiche

Japanese turnips - vegetable soups (I would have tried tatsoi in the soup, but it went too fast in the salad!), both zero-fat and hot-and-sour

greens - along with a bunch of organic kale (store, not CSA), kale with sausage and pasta

We also have a beautiful bunch of purple radishes from a co-worker's CSA box with a different farm since she didn't know what to do with that many radishes. So far, they've been snacks and gone in the salad.

If I get more cabbage, another lo mein would be delicious! Swiss chard is also good sautéed, and also steamed in the dutch oven with more veggies, a starch, and a protein. I can eat salad for lunch and for dinner until the cows come home, so you know what I'm eating from lettuce and tatsoi -- no need to mess with a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment