Wednesday, June 15, 2011

CSA, Week 8

Thursday afternoon, we went to niece Hayley's graduation, so we picked up the next box on Saturday from Coon Rock Farm. I made sure to pat all three dogs I met while there. Two acted like rescue dogs (cautious), so I stooped low with my hand extended before patting them. In contrast, I held my hand out to the alpha mom and she came right over for pats. After I loaded my box of veggies in my car (bundled up to stay cool), I noticed she was standing next to me ... very close ... ahem, I seriously wasn't done patting her yet? I love friendly dogs!

mesclun, radishes - salad

baby bok choy - wilt with an onion, deglaze with chicken stock, yum!

white turnips - add to soup base

kohlrabi - creamy purée added to black beans

beets, fava beans - gift

a bag of oregano - not sure yet

No comments:

Post a Comment