Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Five Stages of IPv6

I had a note to myself to write The Five Stages of IPv6 but The Networking Nerd beat me to it. Since everyone I've encountered first approaches IPv6 with a serious case of denial, it's an obvious lead-in to find the parallels to the Kübler-Ross model.
  1. Denial: no, I don't need IPv6. Sorry, but yes, yes you do.
  2. Anger: NO, I DON'T NEED IPv6!!! Sorry, but yes, yes you do.
  3. Bargaining: can some other software or hardware do IPv6 translation for me? Load balancers like our F5 units can do it for you, but native is faster and you control it. And NAT is just plain bad, bad, bad. example
  4. Depression: there's too much to do! Start somewhere. Personally, I discovered that it was much easier than I thought. example
  5. Acceptance: now what? Start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment