Friday, January 4, 2013

Wunderlist

So I have been experiencing the Wunderlist "Synchronizing failed" error, and finally decided it wasn't going away on its own so I should do something about it. Since I'm still using WL1, I wanted NOT to logout. Luckily, I can extract my data, using Wunderlist-Helpers, or even simpler using the command line.

Mac OS X has come with sqlite3 for a while now, so no installation needed.

$ find ~ -name "wunderlist.db" -print 2>/dev/null
~/Library/Application Support/Titanium/appdata/com.wunderkinder.wunderlist/wunderlist.db
(be sure to escape the space with a backslash!!!)
$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Titanium/appdata/com.wunderkinder.wunderlist/
$ sqlite3 -csv -header wunderlist.db "select * from tasks left join lists on tasks.list_id=lists.id;" > ~/Desktop/wunderlist_export.csv
$ open ~/Desktop
$ open ~/Desktop/wunderlist_export.csv
Now you should see your desktop folder with the newly created export file, and it should be open in your default CSV viewer!

I think I'm going to go from Wunderlist back to Google Tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment