Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MonkeyGTD

I looked at the new MonkeyGTD last night, and I was initially sucked by the ways I could slice and dice. I liked looking at everything, or filtering between Work and Personal realms. In addition to regular tags and Realm, there's Context, Contact, and Area as well as the GTD standards of Project and Action, and action states of Next, Waiting for, and Future. Oh, and Tickler and Reference. Ginsu!

But after pounding on it, I decided to stick with d-cubed GTD after all. I did have to add Category to it (like Area in MGTD), but I did and it wasn't too hard to do. The reason why is a very simple time-saver: GTD3 knows what to promote to "Next Action" when I've completed the previous Next Action in a Project. Looks like I have to manage those states (Next, Waiting, Future) manually in MGTD.

I should test TeamTasks too, at least its live demo, with that need for transparent next-ing fresh on my mind.

UPDATE 10:50PM: TeamTasks has Scope (MGTD Realm), Users (MGTD Contacts), Priority, and Status (from Planning to Complete). No Next/Waiting/Future. No easy-peasy auto-magic next action in TeamTasks either. I really like the pop-up menu interface to pick scope and friends, but I know myself and to stay on track, I need next actions to become next on their own (as long as I check off what I've done). I'm sure I can figure out how to add the pop-up picks by editing the tiddler that controls what task tiddler editing looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment