Saturday, March 28, 2009

What I Learned This Time

Every time Karston and Daddy go away on a trip, I learn something about Cale while it's quiet enough to give him my full attention. What I learned this time is that Cale on his own quite clearly prefers to go to bed at 7:30 pm. Karston never wanted to go to bed, so I didn't know kids would tell you when their bedtime should be, but Cale does. Now that Karston's back (and the hour-long flight was delayed 3 hours, ugh!), Cale's too excited watching Karston to want to go to bed. At all. I can try, but Cale jumps out my arms reaching for his brother! In fact, Cale wants to see that Karston is also ready for bed when we do the bedtime kiss exchange, so I can slide Cale's bedtime to the start of Karston's routine, but no sooner.

Wow. 7:30 pm. We'd have our evenings back! Too bad Karston's tummy pain makes him avoid bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment