Monday, October 26, 2009

Ban Short Vertical Pockets!

The (comfy slacker) knit pants I'm wearing today have vertical-entry on-seam pockets. I've got nothing against on-seam pockets, except these are also short, shallow pockets that aren't deep enough. And when I say my pockets aren't deep enough, I mean that my cell phone and my keys have fallen out! Worse yet, I even lost my building-entry badge that I clipped to the pocket because the pockets are so shallow that the bottom of the pocket pushed on the clip until it popped off!

These pants may be comfortable, but I don't think I'll keep them too long, at least not as wear-to-work on meeting-free days.

If these pockets had a horizontal entry, items wouldn't fall out so easily. If these pockets were deeper, again it wouldn't be a problem because the opening would again be above the stuff stored in the pocket. But short vertical pockets are truly dangerous because it's so tempting to use your pockets as, well, pockets to store essential items, and this short-vertical configuration kicks out everything.

Bad, bad pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment