Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CSA, Week 5

We finished off the CSA box of produce on Monday this week, and we're anxiously looking forward to the next box tomorrow!

mesclun mix - salad, of course (my favorite!)

green bok choy and onion - I gave two heads of bok choy to my mom, and I used the other two heads for her birthday dinner. I carmelized two spring onions, quickly deglazed the pan with chicken stock, then added sliced bok choy to cook for 3 minutes. Yum! (I also made her a chocolate birthday cake so it wasn't too healthy!)

rainbow swiss chard and mixed winter greens - again with the greens+sausage+pasta because it's so good! I had the single serving of leftovers for lunch Monday, and DH was sad he didn't get the leftovers for dinner. So I need the next CSA box so I can make it again! As long as you vary the sausage and pasta, the dish can taste very different even with the same greens (and that doesn't always happen either)!

Bring on more fresh produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment