Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CSA, Week 6

The anxiously-awaited sixth box finally arrived last week! I made the same greens, pasta, and sausage dish as most of the previous weeks when I got home, so the only items from this box that made it into my refrigerator were some of the lettuce (what I didn't have for dinner), some of the radishes (what Cale didn't eat), and the kohlrabi bulb. This may be a long week until the next box arrives! On the other hand, I think this CSA membership has been a success because I wanted to improve the quality of what we eat. I'm also happy that so far I've been able to keep up with the culinary challenge. Since neither of us has gotten bored with the same ol' greens dish (especially when I vary the greens, the pasta, and the sausage), it hasn't been as much of a challenge as I was worried it might be.

We had eat most of the CSA box by Friday, so we went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday to reload on produce. I got broccoli and two bunches of kale.

sage - I gave the sage to my mom right away since she had several tasty sage ideas

red romaine lettuce and radishes - salad

swiss chard, frizzy kale, bok choy, and kohlrabi greens - greens+pasta+sausage (and again with Farmer's Market kale)

kohlrabi - into a stir-fry with the Farmer's Market broccoli

Now to wait until Thursday's CSA pickup again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment