Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Buddi and Import QIF

I downloaded the Import QIF 3.0.0.1 plugin for Buddi 3.0.0.7, but then I had a terrible time importing the data I just exported from Quicken Deluxe 2002 for Macintosh (OS X).

  1. Export each account one at a time. (Pain.) Do not check any export options, just a single account with no categories or budgets or anything else. I don't think I needed to convert line endings (tr '\r' '\n'), but I did anyway.
  2. Delete all lines before the date of the first transaction (with the account information).
  3. Now I could import that modified QIF into Buddi without ERROR: java.text.ParseException: Date could not be parsed:

In retrospect, that doesn't sound too bad, but I sure did spend a lot of time modifying date stamps before I tried this!

The good news is, I moved my data, and if I'm lucky, I won't go back to Quicken and Intuit's terrible customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment