Monday, March 31, 2008

The Road to Postpartum Recovery: Week 2

Tuesday I noticed that my belly pouch was a lot smaller. Still a pouch, mind you, but so much smaller than a week ago.

Wednesday morning, I was back down to the weight when I got pregnant. The lochia was a little bit lighter, and Cale went on a nursing binge starting at 2 AM in fact yawn. I couldn't set Cale down for any length of time because he wanted to nurse again. And again. Going to the bathroom was challenging, and I didn't get to eat lunch until 2:15 PM (so hypoglycemic!) when he finally decided to nap. I even wondered if he were starting his two-weeks-old growth spurt early.

On Thursday, lochia was definitely lighter. Cale slept almost seven hours that night, so I used the breast pump Thursday morning: about 4.5 ounces in 10 minutes. This after how he nursed yesterday? Cale didn't nurse nearly as much today, so he probably hasn't started that growth spurt yet (or he did it all in one day).

Friday I had another round with the breast pump for my own comfort and leak prevention, and almost 5.5 ounces in 10 minutes! Cale's not sleeping quite as much at night now compared to when he was younger, but I hope this is just a temporary fluke. Sleeping children are wonderful news! After a weekend of good nursing, I also pumped again Monday evening, 5.5 ounces in 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment