Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dining Out

I read this article, 16 Secrets the Restaurant Industry Doesn't Want You to Know, and my favorite line is

Not being able to tell what's natural and what's enhanced has always been a problem for us at Hooters.

The information was also interesting. I didn't know that fast food is generally lower-calorie than a sit-down restaurant meal! Scary. I've never eaten out much, but as I've gotten older (or is it fussier and healthier about what I cook at home?), I can't eat out much because I get an upset stomach and often sprue. We had lunch at a very friendly restaurant Wednesday, and my stomach revolted at the very normal restaurant food. There's an episode of Married with Children where Al tells Peg that people who eat healthy food and exercise all the time are extinct like dinosaurs. If I had to live on that food, I'd be extinct!

No comments:

Post a Comment