Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mike Fabiaschi

I worked with Mike Fabiaschi, first at Aprisma and then again at Enterasys. Fun! After Aprisma, I said I would follow any company that he led. When I heard he was the new CEO for Enterasys (a vendor we already used), I literally ran down the hall to tell one of my co-workers that this was the best news he had heard in years even if he didn't know it yet. I was right, too.

This morning I heard that Mike passed away in his sleep. I will miss the heady thrill and hard work of working with Mike. But most of all, I will miss a dear friend. He was a great guy to know, and I'm honored to have had that opportunity but deeply saddened that it ended so soon. It's just so hard for me to get a handle on him not being there. Someone so active just disappeared, and it just doesn't feel right. At least it was peaceful, but I still need to figure out how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment