Thursday, July 2, 2009

Basilisk II

It's all about good directions with good pictures. Left on my own, I was very frustrated with Basilisk II because I couldn't get it to run. I started with the Basilisk II Setup Guide at the Macscene Wiki.

The first tip I needed was to use Nigel Pearson's v19 for PPC on my MacBook Pro. I was downloading Intel or Universal versions before.

I added the disk image called Network Access.image, but I actually booted from Starterdisk.hfv [ref] just fine.

But the best part of these directions are the screenshots! A picture is worth a thousand words. I made my settings look almost exactly like these (just added Starterdisk.hfv), and Basilisk II booted into System 7.5.5! Holy dogcow!

Now that I've got all of the emulators working, it's time to retire the old clutter! If I ever need to roll back to Mac II MatLab for unexpected reasons (hey, it happened to me once: I had to revive a IIci on a tight deadline!), I can do it without the hardware. None of my Mac IIci computers want to boot right now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment