Sunday, July 12, 2009

Out with the old ...

Well, this morning DH pulled out the GE Potscrubber 1425 dishwasher that was built into the house 25 years ago (and hard-wired and hard-plumbed). For a 25-year-old dishwasher, it has features that not all new dishwashers have. The delay start in particular (a feature we love, since we'll set it to start when we plan to be out of the kitchen) really weeded out newer dishwashers. Add in that we wanted a metal tub for the energy savings of the condensation drying (as opposed to forced heating dry), and we were not looking at the low end. Every time we went to the store, we ended up picking a Maytag JetClean II or JetClean III model based on features for the price. (Consumer Reports liked that model too, not that I can find that link anymore.) However, yesterday we went to Lowes for the Build and Grow clinic (where kids build toys, and Karston has a blast), and there was a Bosch on clearance. I picked the Bosch as the model to end the looking because it is rated 51 dBA (quieter than the Maytag's 56 dBA I had in my notes) and it was rated 259 kWh annually (less than the 315 kWh that I remember for the Maytag). I do wish I had seen them side-by-side before picking one, especially since we could have gotten the Maytag for $200 less while it's on sale, but I also know I like quieter and more efficient. So Bosch it will be! Bye-bye Potscrubber 1425!

No comments:

Post a Comment