Friday, July 10, 2009

Snap-in Liners

We're on the last stage of potty training, having crossed the (lack of Toddler) motivation hurdle, and we were headed into this turn, I was wondering why I couldn't just snap in a liner in his underpants to catch the poop that wasn't going in the potty (as has happened all week, hurrah! finally!). I thought about making some, but I don't spend a lot of time sewing anymore ... I seem to be chasing children instead! Wow, snap-in liners are not as common as I would hope!

Almost all snap-in liners only snap in the back, closer to the mess I don't want to touch. Front and back snaps would probably be better based on this experience (with pattern too!). Cloth diapers with snap-in liners are usually called all in two. I understand that fleece can be too drying on Baby's skin, but this is Potty Training and why would I want to wash an entire diaper when I just need to catch and toss the poop? I don't understand pocket diapers, where you stuff a liner inside a pocket so that all pieces need to be washed, compared to the all-in-two, where the outer covers only need washing if something escaped the inner layer.

But here's what I found.

None of those are what I wanted to buy: just the liner, with snaps back and front. I would put matching snaps on his Fruit of the Loom tidy whitey underpants.

So I guess it's a good thing that we've made progress this week after being stalled for so long. He could hold it overnight, go standing up or sitting down, go anywhere not just familiar places. He could even hold it for a long time while we were on a plane! We've been there for quite a while. But poop? Messy cleanup. Until this week! Thank goodness for ring pops and big stickers!

No comments:

Post a Comment