Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tag Selection

Something weird happened while I was testing some tagging applications. I ended up with a contextual menu item (right-click in the Finder) of "Tag Selection" that didn't do anything. I was going nuts trying to find how it got there, and what I could uninstall to get rid of it. Things that don't work just seem like an invitation to trouble! I had decided somewhere along the line that Tag Folders had gone crazy on me, but its manual is thorough on how to uninstall (hurrah!). I was also wondering about Tagoman since I downloaded it at the same time (no installer, I just left it in my Downloads folder). Well, thanks to AppCleaner and browsing what it listed under Other, I found TagoManCMPlugin.plugin! I removed its symlink from ~/Library/Contextual Menu Items and the contextual menu item also vanished. Whew, mystery solved! I'm certain the reason why Tag Selection didn't do anything is that TagoMan never made it to /Applications, so don't blame it. I just never grok'd its workflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment