Monday, August 31, 2009

Packing for Key West

When we went to Key West the last week of June, I packed following the OneBag.com One-Page Checklist.

When we got back, I jotted down the items I wish I had brought along.

  • tea bags (mainly because my mother came along)
  • bug spray -- it's on the checklist, but I didn't pack it since we hadn't needed it for Key West summers before
  • aloe gel for sunburn
  • a bike lock for the double stroller
  • a small package of salad dressing -- it's hard to find allergy-friendly salad dressing, and a small amount from home would have been tastier
  • a very small packet of oil -- I've got these at home, and it would have helped the pan!
  • headphones for iPod to listen on the plane

The irony of that last item is that I packed headphones for the next trip two weeks later, and didn't have any chance to use them: either the kids required too much attention, or I was so exhausted I just wanted to doze.

Most of these items are specific to the travel companions (tea for mother, bike lock for stroller for kids) or to the location (bug spray and aloe for tropical climate, cooking supplies for small kitchen), so I'd have to say the One Bag checklist was great overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment