Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sick of Snow

I'm sick of snow. It was pretty when it fell on Saturday. The toddler had a great time sledding with Daddy on Sunday. I was happy to see some melting on Monday. But now it's Tuesday, and I still see snow (with a fresh layer of freezing rain on top). I mean, it was only one inch of snow, and snow in Central NC always melts after a day unless we really got a blizzard. This dinky stuff ... and still here ... well, I'm sick of this layer of snow.

The freezing rain this morning doesn't help how I feel about the ground cover either. When I headed out for work, the first car I saw was an SUV driving very slowly, and it looked very unusual since the SUVs I see on the road don't drive like that. The brakes felt really funny when I slowed down for the first turn without a stop sign (a grab-slip cycle that I'm hoping was the anti-lock kicking in, except that the yellow warning triangle on my dashboard didn't turn on ... so I started to worry that my brakes weren't perfect post-accident). The second and third cars I saw were on the shoulders because they had crashed into each other. I took the very next wide turn around to come home. I saw the yellow warning triangle on my dashboard for about 1/3 of the return trip, so the roads must've been worse than I was picking up through my wagon's road feel. NHM: No Heroic Measures for getting to work on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment