Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wagon on the downhill

Lisa from Performance called me this morning about my wagon. The body shop is done, but they're waiting on a washer fluid cap and transmission fluid (it's not standard ATF but Dexron Mercron III). As soon as it's drive-able, they'll drive to the Mercedes dealership (hmm, I should have asked which one; Leith in Raleigh has never impressed me with service) to take care of the alignment and of turning off the airbag warning light (as a result of replacing the door). Lisa said Mercedes is pretty good about a one-day turn-around (for them!), so she'll probably call tomorrow ... either to give me an update, or to schedule a pick-up! Hurrah!!! So that was very nice to hear: my wagon is on the finishing up stage and I might see it soon. It has been over a month now, and that Dodge Magnum is not an impressive replacement (in comparison to my Mercedes, this Magnum has poor suspension, a loud engine, bald tires, and cigarette stink that's getting stronger and older with time; only those last two are cure-able relative to what I'm used to driving).

No comments:

Post a Comment