Thursday, January 10, 2008

TiddlySlides

I thought I was going to go batty trying to get a reasonable blank version of Lewcid's presentation in TiddlyWiki because I could not download a version that I could edit! Yes, I tried the #author:true URL, but nothing changed. Well, when your browser fights you, use something else!

curl -O http://lewcid.googlepages.com/presentation_empty_full.html

Anyway, now to see if I think slides in TiddlyWiki are easier than slides in S5. I'm using OmniOutliner to organize my talks, saving as OPML, and using an XSL to convert to S5. I have two problems with this approach: my notes aren't converted from OPML to the handout (print, not slides) section, and the XSL is cruel to links and images. So before I run the XSL, I mangle the URLs with sed, XSLT, de-mangle with the reverse sed. That's a little annoying, so I was wondering if there were something simpler. Since I use TiddlyWiki all the time ...

I'll see how it goes, but at least I crossed the first hurdle, getting a TiddlySlides file that I can edit.

UPDATE 1/11/08: the trick wasn't actually curl; it was to quit and relaunch my browser (Firefox). Something must have been cached that prevented the #author:true from working.

No comments:

Post a Comment