Sunday, May 11, 2008

Eating Before Exercise

In high school, on the cross country team, I was the one eating food right before running. Everyone else thought I was asking to barf. On the other hand, I was one of two who gained weight (7 pounds, in fact), so I maintained that I didn't have any weight to lose back then.

I just ran across this article, What to Eat Before You Work Out, and identified with this quote.

Some people do have a hard time exercising without eating first, especially if it’s been a long time since their last meal or snack. These individuals often are more sensitive to changes in their blood sugar levels, which fall during the first 15-20 minutes of workout.

Yep, that sounds like me! If I go too long between meals, I get all hypoglycemic with low blood pressure and need a nap to bounce back. Food good, exercise good, no need to separate them too far. Eating before a hard run never upset my stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment