Monday, May 12, 2008

My Biscuit/Pancake Mix is Fat-Free

I don't like the aftertaste of Biscuik, but I do like the convenience. So I looked at the Buttermilk Pancake recipe (I usually add 2 Tbs wheat germ, and replace some of the white flour with wheat) on the can of Saco buttermilk mix, quadrupled it, left out of the moist ingredients, and put it in a jar. Here's my mix:

1 cup SACO Buttermilk Blend

3 cups unbleached enriched flour

1 cup white wheat flour

2 Tbs wheat germ

1/4 cup granulated sugar

4 tsp baking powder

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

Everything I've made with this mix has turned out to my liking, but I avoid fussy recipes. Other than making pancakes with this mix, I don't add the missing shortening or oil of other pre-made biscuit mix recipes. So it seems very easy to me to make fat-free buttermilk bisquik; maybe I'm just picking the right recipes. I'll post some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment